My father has a weird way of showing his love, but I guess a lot of dads do. Being that it’s Father’s Day this Sunday, what’s one important lesson your dad taught you? The one thing that sticks out for me is always putting yourself in safe situations and making yourself a constant student because there is always something to learn. Education is key. What important lesson did your dad teach you? There are 25 things every father should teach his kids. Here are the Top 5, according to Huffington Post.
- Winning is fun, but it teaches you nothing. Failure is the best teacher in the world.
- The key to surviving failure is to not take it personally.
- Ketchup is for French fries and hamburgers. Never hot dogs.
- Lying to protect someone’s feelings isn’t lying. It’s called empathy.
- All the best stuff happens in the dark. Fireworks, movies, trick-or-treating, roasting marshmallows.